iMedia MythTV Linux distribution is a showcase of the larger iMedia embedded linux distribution featuring an easy
way to install MythTV and turning your system into a personal video recorder.
Current release of iMedia MythTV distribution is based on MythTV 0.21 (svn revision 13181 and Freedesktop.org Xorg 7.2, 2.6.20 kernel with several modifications, latest MPEG2 and 2D/3D acceleration drivers for all VIA Chipsets (CX and CN700 included), ivtv 0.10.1 driver for Hauppauge PVR cards with MPEG2 acceleration, mplayer 1.0 with VIA MPEG support and many other utilities. Target hardware are small embedded mini-itx systems with Via EPIA mini-ITX mainboards and Hauppauge PVR capture cards.
With this hardware configuration iMedia MythTV distribution will run out-of-the-box after installation has been performed.
Note: For users who want better hardware support or a better range of applications for MythTV you'll need to get the full version of iMedia Linux from the mini-box.com website
For stable Version of iMedia MythTV 6.0.0 please visit the download page.
iMedia MythTV Features (version 6.0.0 released Jan-28-2008)
- Based on MythTV 0.21 svn release 13181
- Small distribution size ~ 128Mb
- Silent graphical booting and automatically loading of MythTV.
- Supports MPEG and 2D/3D acceleration on all Via Epia mainboards(CN700, CX included)
- Latest version of OpenChrome video drivers for VIA Unichorme chipsets (svn 15-12-2006)
- Latest version of DRM modules for major video cards
- Supports Hauppauge IR and serial Remotes
- VIA Nehemiah/Pentium 4 targets (perfomance compiled packages)
- Compact Flash targeted distribution with journaling filesystem
- Runs MythTV out-of-the-box for EPIA mainboards with Hauppauge PVR 150/250/350/500 capture cards
- Menu driven installation
- Network updates via FTP or HTTP
- Zero CPU utilisation for full screen MPEG playback on VIA boards
iMedia Changelog (5.0.0 - released 03-04-2007)
- Fixed some database problems
- Fixed some permisions problems for mythtv user
- Added a menu entry for mythfilldatabase in iMedia Custom menu
- Updated ivtv to 0.10.1 and updated the firmware for Hauppauge cards
- Updated VIA Openchrome drivers and DRM support
- Smaller size
MythTV build features:
- Basic editing function for recorded programs.
- Weather information module shows weather forecast for your geographical location.
- News module allowing to retrive news from selected websites and display them.
- Scheduled recordings of TV programs, and playback and deletion of those programs can be done thru an easy interface.
- Program guide allows changing channels and select programs to record. Programs listing gets updated from internet.
- Program guide shows current program information.
Picture in Picture support for LiveTV.